Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Eggplant, Zucchini, Mushrooms & Onions (cooking with the last of my garden harvest)

Eggplant, Zucchini, Onions & Mushrooms 2

This is a dish I make without even thinking about it. When my garden starts producing lots of zucchini & eggplant this something that I throw together quite often. There are no exact amounts; it’s a free form kinda dish. So go grab some zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, onion, a little garlic, and some good olive oil.

I start by cooking my onions. I like to slice them in big thick slices. Put about 2 tablespoons of good olive oil in the bottom of a large skillet. Cook the onion until they soften.

Here’s a little I trick I learned along the way that to sweeten up your onions and help caramelize them. Throw in a about a teaspoon of brown sugar while they are cooking. This really gives them a terrific flavor.

Once the onions are soft I add in a zucchini that I cut into big chunks. I just use whatever size zucchini I picked that day. I don’t peel my zucchini either. I don’t use chemicals in my garden, so I feel the skin is safe to eat after a good scrub.

I had some beautiful white eggplant this year. I took 2 of the smaller ones and cubed those up as well. In the pan they go. Next was some baby bella mushrooms. I cut the bigger mushrooms in chunks; the smaller one just went in whole.

At this point I add in a few cloves of minced garlic and some salt and pepper to taste. I let everything cook down until all the veggies are tender. You don’t want them to get mushy, just cooked through. During the last few minutes I add in about a half cup of tomato sauce and let it heat through.

I could eat (and have) an entire gigantic bowl of this concoction. It’s comfort food for me and since I’m the only one in the house that eats zucchini or eggplant, I don’t have to share it with anyone.

Eggplant, Zucchini, Onions & Mushrooms

This is also great served over wide egg noodles. Just add a little bit more sauce and you have a great meat-free meal!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar