Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Enjoying some Slow Stitching on Sunday

I am totally enjoying some slow stitching this Sunday. I was feeling kinda yuckky Friday and Saturday. I could blame the heat but since I'm a stay inside with the AC kinda gal, that really didn't have any bearing on the issue. I spent the days vegging interspersed with a bit of knitting and cross stitching and reading. Here's where my BBD AotH piece is now....


the house for November  called Evergreen Lane is partially built, kinda like my house renovation project.


I want to include some little saying about Thanksgiving in that cartouche at the bottom. There is a lot of space there for a nice sentiment if I stitch it over one. Gotta think about that.

On the house renovation front, I have drywall in my kitchen - yeah! And if Tom's other projects are progressing we can go pick up the kitchen cabinetry at IKEA before this week is over. Fingers crossed!

In anticipation of moving I have been going through my crafty stuff. I've thinned out my fabric stash a bit, and I've corralled my yarn from about 10 different hidey holes and organized it - a bit. I haven't had the energy to tackle my rubber stamp and paper collection which is pretty formidable. What I have discovered are lots and lots and lots of fabrics and projects and yarns and ziploc bags filled with one finished sock and a second started sock,I didn't remember I had. Also I've been hit with the realization that I should never ever ever buy another piece of fabric or skein of yarn. I have sooooo much stuff and well, I love my stuff. But trying to downsize and organize has been like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. It looks nice in those plastic bins but I'm still sinking. My little house seems to have a nice amount of storage space but I'm afraid I may max it out before I get everything moved in - yikes! I'm not really packing things up as I should be able to move a carload at a time from this house to my new place. I've done this kinda move before, years ago... when I was much younger... and didn't really know what I was getting myself into. I moved all the contents of a 3 bedroom house (except the appliances and big pieces of furniture) from one neighborhood to another, a load at a time in my station wagon. Remember station wagons?

So I need to go and have a cup of tea and try to calm down and sit and stitch a bit. I know you can't move a 20 year accumulation of stuff in a day, or even a week. Its gonna take time, just like the renovations are. But oh, I can't wait to get this show on the road.

Happy stitching-
carol fun

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar