Photos and thoughts have been queuing up the last few days, but with everyone on holiday schedules, time on my laptop has been limited. Then today happened....
It started out beautifully. I woke up late (there were a LOT of fireworks and gunshots at midnight), saw color out our window, and jumped up to capture this:
Brian slept in, so after doing chores and eating breakfast, Rick and I headed out for a walk.
As you can see, it was a gorgeous day and I took Jackson along. He was excited to be included, but taking him was a mistake. As we headed up the final hill he lagged, and tonight he is clearly feeling it, walking like an old man. Poor puppy; I won't do that to him again – and feel bad that I did it to him today. Hard to accept that my best doggo is getting older. 😞
I putzed around until noon, waiting and wondering about the day's plans. Getting on my horse on New Year's Day is my one firm tradition (I'll also eat black-eyed peas if I can), and a friend and I wanted to ride together if possible. Once I got the 'all clear' from the family, I headed to my friend's place to ride there.
We were enjoying good conversation, good horses, and great weather when something happened. I was in front, and then my friend's horse came up alongside – riderless. I whipped my head around to see her laying on the gravel drive....
Tonight my friend is in trauma intensive care with serious injuries, and I am beside myself. Mts. Hood and Jefferson glowed in the evening light as I neared home with Lance, but they could not elevate my mood. I don't know if I'll get to those other posts that were percolating; right now my heart isn't in it....











0 Yorumlar