Sunday Selections was originally brought to us by Kim of Frogpondsrock, as an ongoing meme where participants could post previously unused photos languishing in their files.
The meme is now continued by River at Drifting through life. The rules are so simple as to be almost non-existent. Post some photos under the title Sunday Selections and link back to River. Clicking on any of the photos will make them embiggen.
Like River I usually run with a theme. This week we are going back to the National Arboretum. It is a piece of art in its own right, but is also home to other art. And glorious scenery
That large building with the green roof on the shores of the lake is our Governor General's residence.
The wide brown land sculpture is a tribute to Dorothea Mackellar's poem 'My Country' This link will take you to the poem.
Our big country very often is brown too. The sculpture's form and style was apparently inspired by Mackellar's own handwriting and was created by Marcus Tatton, Futago Design Studios and Chris Viney.
The dragon trees have been caged again. I hope they will be released in summer.
I adore Richard Moffatt's 'Nest'.
Detail from the railing at the lookout near Nest.
It is a steep hill, and I am impressed at the cyclists I often see tackling it.
Finishing with two shots of Louis Pratt's 'A Backwards Attitude'. I first saw this sculpture at Floriade a few years ago and apparently the artist donated it to the Arboretum.
I thoroughly enjoy our visits here. It is a less than twenty minute drive from home and we should go more often.
The meme is now continued by River at Drifting through life. The rules are so simple as to be almost non-existent. Post some photos under the title Sunday Selections and link back to River. Clicking on any of the photos will make them embiggen.
Like River I usually run with a theme. This week we are going back to the National Arboretum. It is a piece of art in its own right, but is also home to other art. And glorious scenery
This is a Californian Fan Palm. Aren't those spikes on the fronds vicious?
That large building with the green roof on the shores of the lake is our Governor General's residence.
The wide brown land sculpture is a tribute to Dorothea Mackellar's poem 'My Country' This link will take you to the poem.
Our big country very often is brown too. The sculpture's form and style was apparently inspired by Mackellar's own handwriting and was created by Marcus Tatton, Futago Design Studios and Chris Viney.
The dragon trees have been caged again. I hope they will be released in summer.
The Pod is a children's play area. And is very popular.
I adore Richard Moffatt's 'Nest'.
Detail from the railing at the lookout near Nest.
It is a steep hill, and I am impressed at the cyclists I often see tackling it.
Finishing with two shots of Louis Pratt's 'A Backwards Attitude'. I first saw this sculpture at Floriade a few years ago and apparently the artist donated it to the Arboretum.
I thoroughly enjoy our visits here. It is a less than twenty minute drive from home and we should go more often.

0 Yorumlar