On Monday the girls and I headed down to Wendy's for our sewing day.
As usual Wendy spoiled us with a yummy lunch!
If you head over HERE to her blog, and ask nicely, she might tell you how to make these tasty prosciutto pastry-ed quiches!
She also made Date & Pecan cake, and her sweet-toothed hubby Joe made us Mint Aero bar slice. I told you, we were spoiled! My hips confirm the 'yum factor'.
On the subject of food I saw THIS incredibly simple cake recipe on The Organised Housewife site last week. It has just two ingredients!
On Sunday night I decided to give it a go, but I did tweak it a bit.
The recipe uses one packet of Buttercake mix and a 425g tin of drained fruit salad, but I used a full 825g of fruit salad.
(the photo of ingredients taken from The Organised Housewife blog)
When I drained off the juice the fruit weighed just 500g so I mixed it all into the cake mix, and then about 1/2 cup of the drained juice was needed to give the mix a cake texture.
I baked it in a loaf tin for 45 minutes at 180C (375F), and it was really good...
No eggs, no butter, no milk...just the dry cake mix and a tin of fruit salad. How simple is that? You could teach the kids to bake it...
Mr E and Blossom had vanilla custard with theirs, and I added a scoop of ice cream to my serve.
Such an easy dessert on a lazy Sunday.
Tomorrow I have a new free Elefantz stitchery to share with you, and it comes straight from my hippie girl heart, as well as a special little giveaway. Drop by and say hi, ok?
Until then, peace....
hugs
Jenny
xx



0 Yorumlar