I often wonder just when did we stop doing all of the things that made summer so much fun. Did we think we were too grown-up? Were we too busy?
I for one have decided that I want to get back to enjoying the simple pleasures of a childhood summer.
Yesterday, I began. It was a moody, rainy day. Perfect to sit by an open window, and read a book while enjoying the smells and sounds of a summer day. It brought back memories of days reading Nancy Drew books in my shorty pajamas.
I still love to go treasure hunting. That is what yard sales, auctions, and even walks are for. Seeing a beautiful flower can be treasure enough for me these days.
Tonight, I am going to head outside at dusk just to look for lightning bugs and listen to the cicadas. Maybe I will hear some neighborhood children playing hide and seek in the dark.
What are some of your favorite summer memories?
Read more inspiration posts.




0 Yorumlar