Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

NEW YORK FASHION WEEK: Yeezy Season Three

 I really don't get this whole Yeezy hype. I just want to say that now incase anyone was confused as to my feelings about Kanye West. I don't like his clothes.
I've never been afraid to admit I am wrong on this site. I've always been open about how I feel about things regardless of popular opinion. I've backed down on collections before due to a change in my opinion or feeling I might have been too harsh. This is one time I just cannot see the appeal with these clothes. I don't understand it.
First off, lets look at the body shapes presented in this look book and the fabric. Its one of those where I have no idea what underwear I would wear with it. It clings and shows every roll of flesh. There are also a couple of items that are close to looking like full body condoms. Which as far as I am concerned is not a look you want to achieve.
I almost like the distressed jumpers and dresses. The reason for this being it reminds me of the holes I would cut in my school jumpers to make myself seem as if I didn't give a shit. You know, manufacturing the bad ass look. However, seeing the whole thing together above, makes me think of Derelict in Zoolander. A piss take of a collection.  Also, I could get an oversized black jumper myself and rip it to shreds. It doesn't take a fashion degree to do that......oh wait, Kanye doesn't have one either....
Fashion has a short memory. It doesn't seem concerned that this is exactly the same as what was put out by Yeezy in season two. Mind you, it was days before the spectacle of his show died down and we could finally say, well, he tried. I am not saying that musicians/rappers cannot be designers because if you look at Rihanna's collections or indeed Victoria Beckham's transformation over the years then it can be done. There is just something about the collection here that I don't like. I think once you use the words, 'full body condom' with a review of a collection.....you should have your answer there.
I wish him the best of luck which he doesn't need. Hype sells and as a result, I think this is going to be successful. Substance and style have no place here as its back to the 90s attitude of BRANDS, BRANDS, BRANDS. Flashing the label here will be the ultimate prize in owning a piece of Yeezy. I expect another circus once his Balmain collection drops.
I have to say though, on a positive note, it was nice to see the inclusion of different body types and diversity in his show which is a sore point for fashion. Its a big problem within the fashion world. The lack of diversity and body shapes on the runway. Look at how many times Prada have included models of color in their shows and you'll see what I mean.
However, I have to say, I find it deeply offensive that the models were told to behave like Rwandan refugees. I wrote earlier in the week about the spectacle of the wealthiest people in the world watching the broken down torn clothing on young people being an uneasy sight but throwing that reference into the mix makes it feel worse. Sort of like when Karl Lagerfeld makes a point about being eco friendly by building a massive temporary set which will be wasted in just days.  Its a problem. I find that being told to behave and channel something like that by a man who makes millions and also, sells this clothing for hundreds make me feel a bit sick.
But then when it comes to this line....I think I'm missing the joke....I mean point..


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar