Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Biba is the drug we've been waiting for!

Check out these shots from the original Biba store! How cool?
I love watching bits of history like this. I came across these while searching Biba and thought they were too cool not to include.
The new Biba collection launched yesterday in House of Fraser. It's a hot collection of silky blouses, rich velvets and shiny sequins with a few feathers thrown in for good measure. Based on 1930's art deco designs. Reflecting Hulanicki's colors from the 60's/70's. Think deep blood reds in rich velvet sitting comfortably beside full length leopard print velvet jackets. An excellent re-launch to the new collection of Biba for 2010!
My only complaint? The music for the fashion show! Roxy music, Madonna and la Roux. 80's and 2010. Not cool! It should have been some kick ass remixes of 60's music with a modern twist. Reflecting the true Biba message! 
I would have been happy to lend the DJ (who had the best afro I have ever seen in my life - want!) my Ipod. After all, it's 1967 everyday on that.....


 - for those of you concerned that this blog has turned into a Biba love in free for all, this will be one of my last blog posts until something else happens! It's just 60's history is a HUGE interest of mine, so the revamp of Biba has interested me a lot. Don't worry - I'm not on the payroll or anything. - Although I should be. The amount of advertising done here!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar